No other word such as “Maso” can symbolise fields, valleys, vines and the mountains of the Trentino region. In a very short time, the Togn family has transformed old vines into modern production facilities. In fact, in 2004, the family built a new wine cellar, Maso Poli. Then, in 2010, the three Togn sisters started to produce their first Trentodoc Riserva: 80% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Nero grapes, with 60 months on the lees.
Maso Poli Riserva
MASO POLI RISERVA
This Trentodoc is the result of a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Nero grapes from vineyards situated at 300-400 metres above sea level, where the soils have a good clayey texture of morainic-alluvial origin. The grapes are carefully selected and handpicked, and then 70% undergo fermentation with selected yeasts in steel tanks, whereas the remaining 30% ferment in barriques, followed by aging on the lees in the bottle for a further period of 60 months. On the palate, the wine has a rich structure with an elegant hint of fresh acidity and minerality, giving it a lingering aftertaste.
Thanks to their close friendship developed over the years, in 2009, as lovers of metodo classico sparkling wine, they started to produce it, almost for fun.
the Trentino region.